2017 60 Things Recap and 2018 Resolutions

Sunday, January 07, 2018

It's the end of the first week of 2018, and I thought I'd do a 2017 recap and a 2018 resolutions sort of post. It'll be fun to look back on the year and also to plan ahead (although the post will be skewed toward to former). So buckle up your seats and prepare a snack (I personally am snacking on kimchi while writing this), while we bring you to a blast to the past!


Above you see my 2017 Instagram best 9. Photoshoots, pool at Lembongan Island, Japanese tapas at an izakaya with BL and her BF, scenery and Valentine's Day dinner were some of my highest liked photos.
And this was 2016's best 9. A mixture of friends' meet-ups, coffee, food, nails and also my first ever feature on a digital publication (Shentonista, it was for my street fashion lol).


In 2017 I discovered my new favourite kpop band after taking a hiatus from the fandom for years and years. Subsequently listened to a lot of them and even flew to HK for their Beautiful tour!

Here goes the recap, in 2017 I:

  1. Spent my New Year's at Kinki's and saw the fireworks at the bay
  2. Celebrated Joy's birthday at Loof
  3. Saw Diplo in action at Zouk at my first EDM concert
  4. Went to CAPT's homecoming dinner
  5. Revisted "Jimmy's" at Boat Quay for $5 beers (it's actually a seafood restaurant)
  6. Celebrated CNY with the fambam with uncle's monster pengcai which I look forward to every year
  7. Met up with the pageant gang aka Fragile Hearts for dinner and then what was a cray night at Empire
  8. Did my first ever photoshoot
  9. Tasted Japanese tapas for the first time at Boruto (I need to go back there!)
  10. Had this awesome Valentines Day dinner (with my parents lol) at Jade @ Fullterton
  11. Went to this Chang Beer launch party and saw a lot of celebrities there.
  12. Met BL and her bf for the first time for Japanese tapas (again) at ShuuKuu Izakaya
  13. Discovered the best steak I've ever tasted at Mozza Osteria, it's called Porcini rubbed wagyu ribeye bistecca, with rosemary potatoes. It serves two and is so fragrant and perfect
  14. Met up with the Rebels for Korean BBQ
  15. My birthday dins!
  16. Went to my first ever local artist art exhibition, which was by an illustrator called Mighty Yellow
  17. Discovered my favourite omakase (and very value-for-money) Japanese restaurant which is Hakumai at International Plaza
  18. Celebrated Dad's 55th at Nanjing Impressions, which we went to a lot in 2017
  19. First ever Japanese izakaya bar crawl and sake night (which ended up with Korean BBQ)
  20. Lots of $2 Sashimi Thursdays at Standing Sushi Bar
  21. Had my first every Slient Disco experience
  22. Discovered a really good chirashi bowl at Yuki Onna, which also happened to be a friend's friend restaurant
  23. Favourite Southeast Asian fusion restaurant at Club Street closed down. :( Major sad face.
  24. Saw a friend's dance performance at the Esplanade outdoor theatre
  25. Tried peranakan food for the first time, first at Candlenut with the Rebels and then at Folklore with #chesashimi
  26. Baked for the first time - a Japanese cheesecake! (almost caused a disaster in the kitchen because I mistook corn flour for cake flour)
  27. Sent off some colleagues from work, all the best to them!
  28. Completed the trifecta of bars along Amoy Street - Employees Only, Sugar Hall and Jigger and Pony
  29. Visited Google HQ for the first time (it was for a research study)
  30. Uncle's birthday celebration where we literally feasted at Putien
  31. Visited a Yayoi Kusama's art exhibition at National Gallery (it was really... spotty!)
  32. First ever boat party! It was totally cray and I met friends there I still keep in touch with.
  33. Flew to Hong Kong for a Monsta X concert! It was so awesome to see them irl.
  34. Grandpa passed away in July, RIP Grandpa :( (He passed the same day as Chester Bennington)
  35. Started following Pewdiepie and Logan Paul (he's not doing so good rn due to the bad press coverage, hope everything recovers soon!)
  36. Discovered this Japanese resto called En Sakaba - it's really very good, especially the crab/kani shell with roe,
  37. Went to see Asia's largest Chinese painting exhibition, Xiu Hai Lou at National Gallery and was schooled on Chinese art by my mom
  38.  Saw the National Day flyby with the fam irl for the first time.
  39. Went to my first charity gala dinner (this one was at NUS)
  40. Had fine dining Singaporean food (at Violet Oon's) for the first time
  41. F1 weekend! Spent it singing karaoke at a Jackie Chan-owned bar and met Mike He.
  42. The house was renovating in October and November so we had a two week long staycation at Orchid Country Club. That was the bomb.
  43. Went to my first ever Halloween party at a haunted house in SGH.
  44. Dressed up for Halloween for the very first time! I was so psyched for this. I went as a hippie flower child.
  45. Partied at Capital @ Zouk during Halloween and the owner Lincoln Cheng actually came to say hi to the friends at the table?!
  46. Awesome food at Peach Garden for Grandmama's birthday dinner.
  47. First time celebrating a new bar opening, said hi to a lot of new friends.
  48. Met the Fragile Hearts again for Sum Kee (it's my friend's parents' restaurant) and bowling
  49. Had my first ever Trattoria experience (it's casual Italian dining with multiple courses)
  50. Discovered my long lost cousin from Shanghai and took her around town in November and December.
  51. Ate lava omurice for the first time
  52. Went to the arcade for the first time in YEARS and discovered my favourite machine which is the fruit spin the wheel one. Won more than 4000 tickets but could only exchange it for sour cream nacho chips and Snickers bars. Lameoooo.
  53. Achievement unlocked - visited Employees Only three times in a month. 
  54. Discovered Psych! on Boxing Day with BL and BJ and had so much fun, we were literally in stitches.
  55. First ever Christmas Eve partying at Zouk and went to Get Juiced for the first time. That's Singapore's first ever cashless bar opened by a friend.
  56. Celebrated a friend's restaurant's 1st anniversary - Chimichanga.
  57. Secret Santa! I got a glass water bottle. #atasmuch
  58. Had Katong laksa for the first time this year in December.
  59. Had my first ever Bloody Mary at Tanjong Beach Club - and apparently it was a really good one because they used premium tomato puree and black pepper
  60. Went to a NYE party and had champagne and moscato at the stroke of midnight
That's all for my round up! That was a lot wasn't it! Almost 5 items a month till December. For my resolutions, I'll keep them simple:
  1. Be kinder, more supportive to my friends and family
  2. Make more money - stabilise things in my career 
  3. Whatever I do, I'd think things through before I do them (not like I don't already, but this can be improved)
  4. Write more (poetry, quotes, prose) - get published even?
  5. (NEW) Take a financial modelling course to brush up on my knowledge
  6. Not be so addicted to kimchi lol
  7. (NEW) Get a boyfriend haha
First week of January 2018 is over! How has everyone's week been so far? Hope it has been great and positive vibes always!

You Might Also Like

2 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy