Of Korean BBQs, Tomato Tequila shots, Crabs, Club Street, Flowers and selfies

Monday, May 09, 2016

Okay so I basically have a backlog of photos from my camera post-Japan, which happened around 3 weeks ago? I have a new phone (the s7 edge) so I have photos from there too but I'm not sure whether I should do a separate post for those. I expect I would as I go along editing this post haha.

Edit: Okay a slight heads up because this post is super long. It probably has like 50 pictures?


16 April

My photos tell me this was from the Saturday of 16th April so this section is labelled as thus.


Yoogane with Stace and Ming!



The golden nugget from this was "We can't cook with can't clean for shit, who's going to marry our sorry asses?" Hello prince charming if you're reading this I promise to cook Yoogane for you. (Psst, that's a lie there are people there who do the cooking for you hahaha.)







Had the Chicken and Octopus special. Was pretty good.

Then the night went to Boat Quay, where we got to Ah Huat's Cold Drink Stall. Pictures of the quaint hidden bar:





The Bar.

 Went to Los Hombres (I think that's the name?) next. 


Did the tequila tasting menu and they gave us complimentary spicy tomato shots.

Velvet and zouk time! No decent photos unfortunately. But here are some of the crowd.









22nd April Friday

Okay, sources tell me this photo is from 22 April but I've no recollection of this night. So here's a photo of my drinks. LOL! EDIT: Oh wait I remember!! This is from Operation dagger. Another one of my favourite hidden bars. The bartender remembered me after that night which was so embarrassing the next time I came because it was with a different date. HAHA. 


23rd April Saturday

Had dancing crab on this day. It was alright but not worth the price (80++) I think? This was for prawns, mussels and one Sri Lankan crab.


  Lady M!

24th April Sunday

The cousin's family came over and we cooked Korean Army Stew. It was so yummy and kickass omg. And so easy to make! Super addicted. We made it again the following week. :3



28th April Thursday

Had Jumbo seafood that day.

 Jellyfish. My favourite. 

 Chilli crab. Also my favourite.

And then a crimson and clover at Hong Kong street. I think we probably ended the night at Suite26 or bang bang but I don't recall.

30th April Saturday

Chilled with Dipan, Belle and Bryan at Club Street.







This red dress makes me look extra Booby. With a capital B. B)

1st May Sunday

Okay, by now you must know that this is a LOOONG post because I'm going to include the photos I took for Gardens by the Bay. Maybe I should put that at the start. Hmm.
























Had tea at Pollen, which was the steak, fries and cheese platter. Behold:


Okay it looks really pathetic but the cheeses were alright. Just alright.







3rd May Tuesday

Had Togi on the Tuesday where the long weekend ended. Not bad but we had to takeaway because it was too filling.


Staycay at Studio M on Thursday. So it was a super last minute decision for my friend's birthday. HHAHAHA.


Had oysters for brunch.

 Went out with Raphael and Anton for the night. Started at Wine Connection at Robertson Quay and then Bartini on Club Street. We were supposed to check out the club called Refuge after, but the line was so long we ended up going back to the hotel.

7th May Saturday

Met Belle at Club Street and we bumped into Paul P. there so we followed them to Empire. Which is, btw, only half open. Blue Jacket Lounge wasn't open. :( Major sad face.




Made some new friends :-)

That's all for now! That was a freaking long post haha. Sums up all I've been up to these few weeks.

You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy