Weekend roundup 2

Sunday, February 28, 2016



Just a snippet of what's to come...

Friday
Really impromptu dinner at Nuvo + drinks. Had the most epic (?) night I must say in the most different kind of way? Almost thought I lost my life (to be dramatic about it) and ended on kinda a bad note but oh well. Dinner was good - kurobuta pork and codfish, then kyo after. Shitty handphone photos (should really think about changing to a better phone).






Saturday

I walked so much on this day it wasn't funny... like from Orchard to Dhoby Ghaut and then the MRT back to Takashimaya, where we settled on Sushi Bar. Food was pretty good! Will definitely recommend. 

Fried baby shrimp.

Chirashi don. This was the best!

Something-or-the-other-maki. Can't remember the name.

Sunday

Had coffee at Ergo Sum, this hole in the wall in Duxton Hill. Had a bunch of meaningful conversations and I have to say I learnt a lot (especially about nutrition, lol). And really got me thinking about my life - like why are the people I meet so much more accomplished and worldly than me? I mean most of them have been to so many places/lived abroad/been-there-done-that/have a plan mapped out for their year/interesting hobbies and here I am just coasting along, not knowing what I want from relationships/life/career in general (okay I do know what I want in my career). I wanna write a post about my thoughts about relationships but that will come as a separate post. the enneagram type 3 in me feels so small and unaccomplished comparing my experiences with all these interesting people that I meet. I mean, age might be a factor, but generally I feel like I'm living in some Singaporean, frog-in-the-well mentality. What a downer haha.

Looking at this photograph of tiramisu, affrogato and flat white coffee, I resolve to live a healthier and more meaningful life. Read more, experience more. (Which totally reminds me, I've Hillary Clinton's biography on my shelf for the longest time and I haven't started!!)

But really, is it my age? A friend recently brought that up and I'm thinking about it really hard. Why is it that all these people have had such awesome lives or have experienced turbulence to shape their characters, and here I am in my shell. Never really done anything (too, that's the keyword) crazy nor been to that many places. 

My birthday is next week and I'm hitting the quarter century mark. Which leads to a whole lot of questions about the next 5 years in my life and where I see myself within/at the end of that period. Basically taking a step back to re-evaluate my priorities and issues. (shall write that in a separate post)

You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy