Osaka Traveloge 3.0

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Day 4 of our trip was to Fushimi Inari shrine and Kiyomizudera in Kyoto. It was a lovely Wednesday! The weather was really great, though I would've liked it to be a little colder than it was. Took a 1 hour ride from our Air BnB at Nippombashi to arrive at Kyoto.

The snacks on the street leading up to Fushimi Inari.



 The beautiful temple entrance.







 These were the mini-Torii gates which you used to write your wish and then you would hang them at the gates as a symbol of prosperity and good luck.


 These was the place you would tie you luck (which you could buy after shaking the box full of sticks with numbers of in) if you luck wasn't a good luck. My funny cousin BL actually tied her really good luck divination to the date in Tokyo when she went last year when she was supposed to keep the fortune (you're only supposed to leave it at the temple if the luck is not so good).



The magnificent Torii gates. Basically you donate money to the shrine and the more money you donate, the bigger the gate they will erect for you.






A fun thing you could do to decorate the fox's face and hang it at the gate. 


 At the giant torii gates.


 Lunch time! Had a delicious beef soba and curry soba meal.




To kiyomizudera temple. There were tons of people dressed in traditional kimono, both male and female. Makes me wonder how they walk so far in their wooden clogs because the climb was pretttty long.


 So at this temple you pray for marriage luck. This is where you write your wish for your prince or princess to appear. My dad asked my cousin and I if we wanted to buy an amulet or write a wish for our future better halves and I was like "pssh I'm confident I don't need any luck" haha.

 The we took the train to see a sakura garden with lots of different types of sakura.
















 And at night we went to the Umeda tower which was pretty high up.








That concludes part 3 of my osaka and kyoto journey! Will be posting the last portion, which is part 4, soonish. Yesterday was a crazy day that I wanted to write about too. Basically had Yoogane at westgate then had to go back to the office to finish work, and then I was at Ah Sam's Cold Drink Stall (it's a bar), Hombre Cantina, Cubra Libre at Clarke Quay, then Suite 26 and Zouk. Super tiring but fun and I got a ton of pictures. That shall be a separate post.

Ta! Till then.

You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy