April, May, June - we're now in the second half of 2017

Monday, July 31, 2017


 Time seems to be passing so quickly, innit? In the blink of the eye it's already the end of July as I am writing this. Here are some of the memories from these 3 months: Mostly - K's dance by the Bay, Candlenut dinner with the ACSians, pub crawl with K, J, C, K...
April


First, let me present this better than Nongshim maggie mee or tomyum maggie mee alternative. SZECHUAN SOUR AND SPICY VERMICELLI. Yes you heard that right. This dish is so absolutely delicious! I'm saving it so I don't get sick of it if I eat it all in one go.


Cafe Paul with Momma Bao after shopping one of these days. 


Always with my new bff, MB, at Osahime, which we go to once or twice a month or two. It's homely Japanese fare reminds me of a small hole in the wall you'd see in the alleys of Tokyo Ginza.



K's dance performance at the Esplanades by the Bay during one of the weekends. (You can see our group shot with C at the top.)



Restaurant week with C, H and J. We went to Skyline after and unfortunately something EVIL happened and just ruined my whole vibe of the place. Pity!


R was here with his colleague from America, and K joined in on our traipse to The Exchange for wine, then to Lau Pat Sat for hawker food after that.


Back to Osahime for wonderful sushi, as you see here it's very prettily presented.


Next I was at pluck at Club Street again. Ordered some new dishes, including salted egg yolk chicken wings, a fish dish, truffle vermicelli and coffee ribs. 

Found a new favourite steak place called Vespetta Italian Gastro Bar, it's only SGD28. However I feel the quality of the steak isn't very consistent for some reason? Kind of a bummer because I went back a couple of times and it just wasn't as good the first time around. The matre'd is really really cute (in a mascot-like way). 


Next, I had some mexican fare at Super Loco was it? Ordered a bunch of tacos and magaritas, food was alright, company too.


Had lunch with BL one day and she introduced me to this SGD 12 Japanese sashimi rice bowl! Was aaaalright for the pricing.


One of the highlights of the month was visiting P at her work place, the 1 Michelin starred Peranakan restaurant Candlenut.





View from the window.


I think I wasn't feeling too good that day!


自恋哦。。。


I can't remember the occasion, I think it was Ch's birthday?



Tee hee.

May


Found this amazing watercolour wall of the Singaporean waterfront. Was my lucky day as I love watercolour paintings.



Coffee break with Momma B again. It's really funny because she is never called Mrs B and always go by her maiden name CY. Only recently is she turning into Mrs B for me.


Had drinks at Alley Bar/Black Nut with E and A one of the weekends.


That night was the Arsenal vs Chelsea finals match? Really awesome to take part in a live football match. They even have fanchants, just like kpop performances! Really cute.



Mmhmm. White orchids.


:)


View from 1-Alt.


Me and the bunny mascot. You can't tell by this picture but he is really really sweaty.


Uncle's birthday at Nanbei Imperial Treasures. Deliciousness to follow!


I would describe what I ate - the pictures are self-explanatory though.



Steak at the butchery at Dempsey!


Dimsum with Momma B again at Imperial Treasures.


Spaghetti at this Italian restaurant next to a Japanese place at Boon Tat, pretty value for money dishes at SGD 18 for the bacon cream spaghetti?


KM's birthday at Yuki Onna!


Dinner with C and H.


This was what we had that night.


Folk's Collective farewell lunch for the colleagues. Delicious Thai food!


The awesome chirashi don at Yuki Onna.


Had tapas at Ding Dong, but it really wasn't my cup of tea. 


Little bites at Sugarhall!


That one night at Capital, Zouk's VIP.

Also, took a day trip to Google for a study and took a tour:



View from the sky garden.



The reception.


They have a lego wall for visitors!

June

Yayoi Kasuma's exhibition at National Gallery! The theme was polka dots, lights, repetitions.








The infinity room - we were only allowed 20s inside though.









A trip to the Botanical Gardens:
















We end of with these:


Dinner at a Spanish restaurant at Emerald Hill. Prawns, oysters and chicken wings.



Korean beer and chicken place that opened at Boat Quay.


Doggo!

We've come to the end of the Q2 wrap up~ It was an exciting trip down memory lane wasn't it? I like how the tone of my blogspot is so distinctly candid and non-literary, so unlike the mood that tumblr evokes. It's exactly like a diary or a journal. I want to do a post on Gramps soon, let me think if it's better if I write it on Tumblr or Blogspot? 

You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy