Birthday Month!

Sunday, April 01, 2018


March is my birthday month and also the end of Q1 2018. Had a blast as I decided to host a last minute party for my quarter century plus some birthday. Due to timing issues I had to hold it on the 2nd, which is 1 day before my actual birthday. Thank goodness I had some help and Marc decided to co-host the party with me! What ensued was a really nice evening of meeting friends new and old.

The location of choice was Urban Tavern, a party loft located at an industrial building in Tagore Lane (that's next to Ang Mo Kio or Yio Chu Kang). Many of the party attendees asked me how I found this place. Well - it's kind of a long story. I was looking for party spaces to rent and came across and article named "Top 10 Alternate Party Spaces on AirBnB" and one of it was this awesome party house with gaming consoles, pool table, foosball table, karaoke, BBQ pit and pool. But unfortunately due to AirBnB's restrictions, the listing was taken off the site, which got me to thinking, there must be more of these sites out there right? After some Googling, viola! I've found myself a party space. Urban Tavern has all of the aforementioned amenities except for the BBQ and pool which is located at another place within the building.


Check out these photos of the location!


Commissioned a meme cake for Marc and I, feat. Salt Bae, Pepe the Frog, Heavy Breathing Cat, Sailor Moon and Spongebob.



Michael was one of the first guests to arrive. This jokester told people that he's giving away shares of his company - which was... unfortunately a cruel joke as some of my other friends came up after the party to ask me about this.


Me attacking the fridge for moar iced lemon tea.


Kal popped by with Sonal, who gifted me this amazing Peruvian star anise liquor. I think it was like the first bottle that was finished the whole night?




Did I mention how amazing Domino's is? AND they give you free vouchers when the pizza is late.



Me and Ryan!


Yeah boy!


This photo is really funny!

Plus Anton was in for Marc's birthday from Jakarta. Haven't seen his face in a loong while. Which got me really nostalgic because I bumped into this friend (at the party) who was the reason why I met Ryan and Anton, like 3-4 years ago. It's funny how small Singapore is and how life works.



Losta hugs!



BL was helping me take photos throughout the party! That's so sweet of her.


Because Marc jokingly wrote that it was my 21st birthday on the FB invite page, many of his friends thought I was some clueless, young, impressionable chick, like this guy in white. His face fell when I told him my actual age.







Photo with the one and only Stacy Sugarcerise.


An aerial view of the party from level 2, where guests were bellowing their lungs out with the Karaoke machine.




Yay to CAPT baes + Elisabelle!


Jules popped by after his flight from Jarkarta at 9pm, that was so nice of him.



The aftermath of the party - thank you for the gifts everyone, you know who you are!


Some shots from the other guests at the party:


Miao~


Yay to the awesome meme and balloon wall!





Me drinking from the ice luge. Which is basically a giant slide made of ice and you pour the alcohol at the top and drink from the bottom.



Wheeew! Birthday shenanigans was really something. Next, on to the rest of March.

We started the night out at Manhattan Bar. This was the actual day of my birthday:



Proceeded to Atlas Bar after - always wanted to visit this place! And I finally did on my birthday.



Ordered a cheese and charcuterie set. Love love love cold cuts (could use some Jamon ham, but still), although the pate didn't do much for me though...


Admiring the awesome art deco interior design of the place.




Really awesome birthday this year <3 <3 <3


Had the fish at one of the newly opened buildings at Tanjong Pagar.


First ever Disney in the park concert!








Been loving my furry slides a lot recently.



Had the burger and chilli crab linguine (which has been my favourite recently) at Halia at Botanical Gardens after the concert.





Had Thai for dinner that day.


Saw some really cute lights at I Light festival too:







Made it to Empire one of these nights and love the view!




Had steak at Kith Cafe next.

Dad's birthday dinner at Lao Beijing was next:


Sichuan chicken


Garlic cucumber.


Beef noodles.


Xiaolongbao.


Fish skin which is Dad's favourite.


Of course, roast duck can't be missed.


Hotplate Tofu.


Preserved vege garoupa.


Long beans.


Mala beef!



Cutie dad.




Had a ball of fun checking out the Singapore Design Week held by Digital District Dialogue at Chip Bee Gardens. Basically they took over 10 houses with little interactive rooms in each.





Supporting the local artistes, this one is called Adia Tay. She's really good in the sort of quiet, Tame Impala-way.



Celebrated Jule's birthday next at Sear. Their set meal is... kinda awesome!

Attended a NUS Bizad friend's wedding next. Twas nice to see everyone again after 4 years.


That's pretty much it for now~ April is really chock a block full of activities every weekend. I've Ming's bachelorette, Kal's farewell, 2 weddings and also a family photoshoot (!!!). Better plan everything so as not to burn out. I guess it's good bye for now but I'll definitely update verrry soon. Love you all!


You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy