Lucky Number 7

Saturday, August 18, 2018



Apologies on the lateness of this post to the 10 of you that visit my blog (haha)! Been dealing with some issues for the past few weeks that perhaps I would share in another post. But for the month of July, this is what I have been up to.



The view of the city is so beautiful along this stretch of road.



Had a stay at Marriott Courtyard at the start of the month.


The dining facilities are what I must say, modern and clean-cut.




I think I kind of look different here for some reason. Could be the lighting?


Dinner was at Haidilao. Nice selection of meats and the bubbling soup base is just so comforting.


Breakfast selection the next day.



We went to the pool the next day and it was freezing. Could feel my innards shriveling up while taking photos in the pool but oh well! There's always a way to enjoy what you have at hand if you know how to.








I had a really lovely time here. Recommend this place to anyone looking for a weekend staycay.


Mango cider is my favorite and one of the ways I unwind after work some days.


And Thai food is so plentiful near my place as well. Pictured here is one of my favorites, yum woon seng, or Thai glass noodles.


Getting my hair did and feeling all types of way <3


Out with the girls mid-month!







BL made dinner one of the weekends! She's really improving on her cooking right now.


Found a good place for rainbow lattes. It's Dazzlin at Somerset 313. Recommend this place for an afternoon coffee.




Happy birthday to baby bro~ Lunch at Putien is one of our favorite places.

Next, some pictures from the Sentosa Grill Fest that we went to:









For $54 we got to have quite a few dishes - wagyu roasted over a himalayan salt slab, Louisianna dry rub ribs and pulled-pork fries. 


Birthday celebration next! This was so fun! 


Also, went to Manhattan Bar for drinks after.




Zouk thereafter.


Was wondering what this mystery drink was.


I suddenly have the urge to sing Post Malone so forgive me; "I've been popping bottles and feeling just like a Rockstar."


Last of the month I attended a wedding dinner. Wedding dinners are always the most fun for some reason! I mean when you think of the days of old or those Game of Thrones types of weddings which take place in a castle tavern with mead sloshing around, that's like the olden day equivalent of an American wedding innit? Asian weddings by contrast are very well-mannered! Nevertheless I enjoyed catching up with everyone.





Last but not least, a trip down to Lavo (finally!) I really enjoyed the ambiance and food there. Especially... the jumbo shrimp cocktail. Haha!






That's all for July's roundup! Let me know in the comments your requests for posts you would like to see, or topics I should comment on.

You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy