Ushering in Spooky October~

Sunday, November 18, 2018


October is here as we herald the last quarter of the year. Before you know it 2018 is coming to an end. What lies in store for the lucky number 8 for the last quartet of the year? For me, October means Halloween month, and that's always something to look for in the calendar for me.



Lunchtimes with Bell are something I cherish often now that we don't work near each other anymore.


Towards the start of the month, some delicious SH food like pan-fried baos.


How can we forget the quintessential hairy crab, steamed and flown air-fresh from Shanghai?


Dad's fried rice is always a treat for the tummy.


I went overseas for the first time with my new company.


This is me sans makeup at the airport. Don't mind the makeup-less look...!


Jing Jing came to visit for <24h during the middle of the month. It seems like so much has happened after she got here. Anyway, took her to Hakumai which is my favourite for value-for-money Omakase.


She looks glamourous, doesn't she?


Next, the Corona Beach Festival event at Ce La Vi was one that was so fun.


The Kreacher to my Hagrid is here. <3



Even though the light is kinda wonky, I like how I look like here.


Attended the Keeper's Fashion Show at the Singapore Design Institute next with Cher.


All sorts of fantastic handmade and bespoke gowns, hats and clothing.


Look at this asymmetrical gown! Would buy this in a jiffy... But alas am no where near a marriage...




Had Tanuki Raw. I've always had the impression that I've eaten here before, but that night really reminded me and my tastebuds how good this place is. The seaweed chicken and okonomiyaki were to die for! It makes me drool just thinking about it. :P I shall go back again soon...


And to Mr Stork at Andaz for some wine and a cuppucino. Talked about life and love, lived and lost.


They have the little teepees which are really cute except they look cramped.


The view.


Finally, a shot of C and I at the flower booth at the Finder's Trunk show to try on their flower crowns.

And at last, the October shenanigans begin!


This year, I decided to go as Aphrodite.



First up was D and C's annual Halloween party. Bumped into some old friends here :')



Super Mario and I!



Haha I like this one!


And then to the WeWork party which was held on the Wednesday of Halloween itself.





With J or Playgirl Bunny!

That was a mad night were we went from the WeWork party, to Wan (the bar at Suntec Level 1) and then Commas, which was freezing cold. Also made a new 2nd country kid/Chinese Child Immigrant (lol) C who used to live in SH so that was really cool!

That sums up my scintillating October with tons of places to go and people to see...

I shall only assume that activity picks up with the last 2 months of the year. Toodles!

You Might Also Like

0 commentors

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy