5 small things part 1

Saturday, October 14, 2017

So I used to do this on my tumblr circa 2014, where I would blog about 5 small things that week that cheered me up. I used to do this from memory but now that I'm 26 and ailing (lol) I'm referring to Instagram and the like to write this post.

These are kinda like an in-between update in addition to the 1-3 monthly updates that I do:

  1. Went shopping and spent some alone time with myself. Bought a couple of really nice dresses and a skirt from Zara. They're fall-inspired so really maroon and embroidery. Also had oysters and sashimi at Somerset 313 before that.
  2. Had lunch with R on Wednesday at Burlamacco's. It's an Italian-French cuisine resto along Telok Ayer. Also talked about our hopes and dreams so that's nice.
  3. Wine and chicken tenders with another R on Friday. Teaching me all sorts of things about life but hey, I ain't a little kid anymore!
  4. Going to see Blade Runner a second time today and have dinner at Orto. I always enjoy the view there with the giant pond. :)
  5. Going to have Ikea meatballs and Swedish smoked salmon tomorrow and buy a bunch of new furniture for my house.
On the 29th, the renovators are going to come in for my renovations and I expect it's going to be all hell breaks lose. :/ All the dust and noise! Well we're lodging at the country club in the meanwhile, for 2 weeks. Hope the routes and stuff would be alright as I've to take a shuttle to the train station.

Waiting to go to dinner now~ Ciao. 

P.S. Kind of a non-sequitor: Dad just barged into the room asking me if I wanted a "There's nothing inside Coke". I'm like Dad that's just Coke Zero, but no, apparently its a new Coke called Coke Zero Sugar, other than Coke Zero and Coke Light. Enough is enough Coca Cola!!

You Might Also Like

2 commentors

  1. What a great idea to just note 5 things that made you happy! I'm going to have to start doing this! Good luck with your renovations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashlee! Thanks a ton. I find this 5 small things idea makes it great for you to give thanks during the week and also to keep up the positivity.

      Delete

Featured post

Adventure to the Balkans Travelogue Pt. 1: Zagreb, Croatia

Hola at you readers! It's me, Sasha Bear here - and today we're FINALLY going to post about my trip to the Balkans circa Octo...

Quote I Love

“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget.”

—Arundhati Roy, The Cost of Living

Current Ear Candy